This biannual call for projects is now closed, and will reopen in April 2024.
Description of the call
This program aims to support interdisciplinary research projects on mathematics and its applications, as well as international collaborations, within the laboratories of the IRMIA ++ consortium. It should reinforce common projects between teams, ease the development of ambitious and innovative projects in research, teaching and outreach, and contribute to the emergence of new research topics.
This call is dedicated to requests superior to 2 000 € in total.
The means requested can concern:
- Operational costs (research engineer salary, web ressources, internship compensation, high level colloquium organization,...),
- Outreach actions costs,
- ! NEW ! "Lift-off" funding: a budgetary envelope (up to 20-30K€) made available to initiate an interdisciplinary collaboration on an identified project. This type of funding will cover various operating expenses (missions, workshops, seminars, etc.) within the framework of the project over one calendar year, but not salaries (except for M2 internships).
The requested budget should be clearly indicated in the application, describing the expected distribution.
The three main selection criteria will be:
- the high scientific level of the project and of the coordinator(s),
- the potential development of the project,
- the interdisciplinary aspects of the project.
The application file must be sent by email only (see address below) and consists in a scientific file in English, PDF format and of 5 pages maximum (without annex). It must include the following elements:
- Project title
- Contact details of the coordinator(s),
- Description (in 1 or 2 pages) of the research project, its challenges and its scientific context,
- Project articulation with the IRMIA ++ project,
- Complete financial description: budget estimation, requested and obtained co-financing sources, project duration,
- Annex: bibliography, CV of the coordinator(s), CV of the prospective candidate (for a position), provisional program (for a conference).
All the documents must be sent in PDF format to iti-irmiapp[at]unistra.fr.
Deadline for the reception of complete application: November 17th, 2023.
Review of proposals by the IRMIA++ expert committee: December 2023-January 2024
Final decision: January-February 2024